Government Affairs Assistant
Government Affairs Assistant
Posted on 03/16/2022
Application Deadline: 02/01/2023
The deadline for this job posting has passed.
Title: Government Affairs Assistant
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Bipartisan government relations firm is seeking an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Government Affairs Assistant. The Assistant provides executive administrative support to Partners and Senior staff of the firm. Is also responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of various policy issues of the partners and senior staff and should be able to independently answer inquiries, respond to internal and external requests, and provide comprehensive administrative support by using their own judgement and discretion. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and keen attention to detail. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC.
- Support executives with complex calendars, travel itineraries, and logistics as well as daily ad hoc projects
- Coordinate with partners and senior staff on strategic initiatives and work product deliverables
- Successful execution of public-facing events
- Participate in team meetings
- Build relationships with internal and external clientele
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum three to five years administrative, scheduling, and/or fundraising experience
- Strong working knowledge of Capitol Hill and/or the Administration
- Positive, flexible attitude, and creative problem-solving skills are a must
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail; must follow through in a timely manner, completing tasks without prompting.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills that are professional, effective and courteous, demonstrating a high degree of integrity when dealing with people from a broad array of backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees and stakeholders at all levels
- Solid understanding of how social and digital media platforms work
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Comfortable with technology: Zoom, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Microsoft Office, and others.
Partial List of Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Paid Healthcare including vision, dental, and health reimbursement account (HRA)
- 401K with profit-sharing
- Flexible leave schedule
- Professional and fun place to work
- Modern office with all the amenities, personal standing desk, multiple large meeting rooms, and kitchens stocked regularly with team favorite drinks and snacks
- Holiday parties and regularly scheduled staff team bonding events
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send resume along with a cover letter to [email protected] with subject line 2023 Government Affairs Assistant.