Posted on 03/16/2022 Application Deadline: Ongoing
Mehlman Consulting is looking for experienced, reliable, and detail-oriented interns. Due to the ever-changing and fast-paced environment of federal politics, every day is different. This job will cover a broad array of issue areas and will require someone who is highly organized and adapts quickly to changing workflows. Interns work closely with the firm’s policy analysts to provide various work products for clients including watching and summarizing live hearings and markups, article research, and data analysis, content creation, vote summaries, and other ad hoc projects.
Interns work in-person in our Washington, DC office.
Interns can work a flexible schedule based on their class schedule or other commitments.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Proactive problem solver
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Exhibit a willingness to be an active team member with a positive attitude
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Meticulous and resourceful researcher
- Synthesize and distill large amounts of information into concise summaries
- Previous experience within or related to the federal government is preferred but not required (Capitol Hill internship, think tank, government affairs, trade association, etc.)
- This posting is open to current college students, recent graduates, and graduate students.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Application deadlines
- Fall 2023: June 15, 2023
- Spring 2024: October 13, 2023
- Summer 2024: March 1, 2024
- Send your resume and writing sample (both in PDF format) to [email protected]
- Writing sample: Please provide a 1-page policy memo on a subject of interest to you. Make sure to cite your sources.